Monday, September 22, 2008

Another Blackout in Georgia?

Last year, I was able to go to Athens, Georgia to attend the Auburn/UGA game. It was a night game on ESPN, but we got there very early for tailgaiting. It was very interesting to see that most of the fans were wearing black and the team came out onto the field for pregame warmups in their normal home red jerseys. After warm-ups, they went back to the locker room and came out wearing black jerseys for only the second time in school history. The effect was pretty cool, but the game sucked. Knowshon Moreno had a coming out party and Georgia romped. After Alabama's dismantling of Arkansas this past weekend and starting to show signs of past Bama teams, I wonder if maybe The Dawgs will try the blackout thing again. Alabama will be playing in Athens this Saturday night on ESPN.

I finally had decent week in College pick'em getting 9/15 (60%) right against the spread. Auburn, East Carolina, Florida State and, Fresno State were some of my misses. The final score of the Fresno State/Toledo game was 55-54.

My fantasy football team is horrible, but I may still be lucky enough to be 2-1 after tonight's Jets/Chargers game. My #1 pick, Tom Brady is out for the year, and #3, Braylon Edwards has dropped almost as many balls as he's caught along with two easy touchdowns. Matt Forte was an awesome mid-round draft and Santana Moss and Jason Witten are currently #1 at their respective positions in fantasy football. I picked up Kurt Warner off the waiver wire and was actually lucky that I started him over Brady in the first game when Brady was knocked out in the first quarter. Now I just wish I had drafted Ronnie Brown, who was actually the highest scoring player in all of fantasy football when he tore up his knee last year. His 5 td's yesterday against the Pats was pretty impressive.