Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Betting Against the Spread

This year I joined a Yahoo College Football Pick'em pool and have faired miserably. I am currently 46% correct against the spread. In games where the line was "Off", I am at 100%. However, if I was in Vegas, I would have put all my money on USC covering their 10.5 point spread over Ohio State and would have made lots of money. I also wanted Laura to put money on last night's Cowboys/Eagles game but I forgot to give her money before she left to stay at Mandalay Bay this week. More money I could have won. Other than that, I have thoroughly enjoyed the early football season, especially watching East Carolina beating the West Virginia and Va Tech. College football gets exponentially more exciting this week as he SEC gets into full gear with Auburn/LSU, Alabama/Arkansas, and Tennessee/Florida. Auburn better learn the spread offense really quick, because they will not beat LSU 3-2. Alabama should win, as Arkansas had to pull off 4th Quarter comebacks against Western Illinois and La-Monroe. Ike did give Arkansas a week off though.

Outside of football, I have stayed busy with classes at Alabama A&M(one of the HBCU schools) and substitute teaching at Sparkman High School. Tomorrow, I begin practicums (observations) at Rainbow Elementary School in Madison and will continue those every Wednesday through early December.

Kevin seems to really like his new school and rode the bus today for the first time. I will find out after school how it went. Abby's hair is growing back after her self-barbering episode over the summer and she loves her teachers.

Fall officially begins on Monday and last night, the temps dropped into the upper 50's and it is finally beginning to feel that Summer is releasing it's oppressive grip here.

1 comment:

Huntsvegas Poker said...

Roll Tide Roll my friend. I am scraping the bottom of the barrel with you in the pool. When are you coming to play cards with us again?