Sunday, July 27, 2008

Stupid Is As Stupid Does

I finally decided to give it a go at the .25/.50 HORSE on Full Tilt after whooping everyone in play money land. I brought my big 'ol $5 stack to the table and things were running smoothly as I double my money. I really enjoy the HORSE format because each of the games has their own little quirks. I really got on a good roll during Razz when I meet who I believe is Poker's Biggest Donk. I have A 2 in the hole and 3 4 5 x showing. My opponent has KKQQ on the board and he RAISES. I know that no matter what he has hidden, he can't beat me and I figure he has to know it too. I reraise to see just how big of an Eeyore he is, and on cue, he pushes right back. We continue this until all my chips are in the pot and he proudly shows his K's over Q's boat and then all the chips are moved to his side of the table. I am peeved and checked the comments area to see what was up and saw that the game was no longer Razz.........it was Stud. Welcome to the world of real money online poker. Hee-Haw.

I believe I will leave a message in Full Tilt's suggestion box to put up bright flashing lights when the games change and perhaps even a little disclaimer that reads, "I do fully understand that the game is changing and that I assume total responsibility for my stupid play." I would probably just check the little box and not read it anyhow. I just hope my next poker blog will be about the fortunes I amass in Tuesday night's home game. We shall see.

2 comments:

Huntsvegas Poker said...

please don't think you are the only donkey to ever do that. i have done it... more than once! see you tuesday!

He Has Issues said...
This comment has been removed by the author.